Sunday, August 8, 2010

About Aldo...

My name is Aldo Gurrusquieta and as I prepare for departure, my hope is to give you a bit of insight on the purpose and nature of my travels. I am the third child of a great family of five and was raised in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Through the years, I learned that Life gives you back what you put into it.

My motivation for this endeavor can be best illustrated by paraphrasing Emerson: Success is measured by one's impact on a changed social condition. The ultimate goal is to leave the World in a better place than I found it.

My travels will not be a vacation but a study about the inner depths of the human spirit. How far will we go to help others and enrich lives? There are many more questions left to be answered but I am sure the results of this journey will be life altering.

We will be traveling to clandestine locations and learning from people of all walks of life. Construction is my first love and is followed closely by education. I have managed to couple these passions and create an itinerary that applies them fundamentally. We will be working free and contributing to construction and humanitarian projects in the Dominican Republic, Spain, Greece and Cambodia in exchange for food and accommodations.

Please feel free to post comments and follow along with me in this journey. After all, I am doing this with you in mind and I cannot wait to share the stories and photographs very soon!

Cheers,
Aldo

No comments:

Post a Comment