Sunday, August 8, 2010

About Sayer...

My name is Sayer and I come from humble beginnings in Texas. While on a study abroad in 2009, I caught a glimpse of the world that lies outside of my state and came back home with more of a thirst than when I left. That trip was the catalyst for my desire to wander and now I get another chance.

I am teaming up with my good friend, Aldo, for what will likely be yet another life-changing endeavor. I am setting out to learn some new ideas in construction practices across the world, but more importantly, I am seeking to better understand the human way of life as it traverses across borders and continents. I have a strong desire to work with people, and what better way to be more open than to thrust myself out of my comfort zone?

I have several motivations for undertaking this adventure, but the biggest influence has come from my friends and family. Too many people have told me "do it while you're young" or "I wish I had the same opportunities that you do in this day and age." Therefore, I am doing this for everyone that was not able to. My hope is that those who influenced me can now experience their dreams through my adventures, pictures, and stories. Thank you all for igniting the spark.

Please check in and see what we are up to. If you have any questions or suggestions on what to do please offer them. I look forward to sharing when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment